Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: December 15




FOR TODAY, December 15, 2010


Outside my window... The snow is beautiful! After 11 years of living in a snowy winter state I'm finally coming around to enjoying it. Scary.

I am thinking... about what my holidays were like at my house before the move. It does give me a twinge of sadness because I miss them, but I'm focusing today on the new. Hopefully I'll even photograph some for my failed Holiday Bliss meme participation!

I am thankful for... my family and friends. Some I get to see often, some not as much as I'd like. But I know that they love me just as much as I love them.

From the learning rooms... Winter break is almost here! The kid is finishing her literature unit on The Hobbit today in preparation for starting our new English curriculum in January: Literary Lessons from Lord of the Rings. Can't wait! We're also thoroughly enjoying our new Life of Fred math curriculum. Science experiments that weren't done will be finished this week. Then it's break time! WOO HOO!

From the kitchen... I failed to get my soup on last night to meet my crock pot lunch goal. No worries. It will go on late this morning (or we'll have left overs. Either works!)

I am wearing... my jammies. :)  This seems to be a consistent answer when I blog in the morning!

I am creating... Because I was making gifts for others to give (and loving it!) I haven't spent much time on making items just for fun. I'm prepped with my bag o' yarn and my Interweave Crochet: Accessories Edition magazine for some afternoon crochet with tea. I can't wait! That's truly "me" time. I think that I might be giving myself a new scarf for Christmas. ;)

I am going...clean and organize my bedroom. Scary thought. Scary process. My desk will (hopefully) be moved into my bedroom. I love organizing to a point. This project is a year behind schedule. Did I mention that I'm scared?

I am reading... Seeds of Turmoil: The Biblical Roots of the Inevitable Crisis in the Middle East by Bryant Wright. I love his writing style, and I'm really enjoying the topic. Hopefully I'll be finished for a review on Friday.

I am hoping... that I'll get my tasks done today. I have a list of things that I'd like to accomplish so that our holidays run smoothly and my New Year starts on a good pace. I'd love to have consistent time for the shop, for blogging, and for me. (Now that's either a fantastic goal or a shot in the dark. lol)

I am hearing... the roar of the heater. It's music to my ears on this cold and snowy day.

Around the house... are lights and wreaths! Because we can't have a full Christmas tree out due to Sophie the Blind Pug's much needed landmarks we have decorated in a very different way this year. We've added lights to the tops of the cabinets in the kitchen after reading that a facebook friend did the same thing. We've added two wreaths to doors inside the house... one will even host the much loved ornaments that won't fit on the much smaller table-top tree. Greenery and lights are now along the television "sofa table" stand. Lights and a nativity on the mantle. (I say "a" and not "the" because we usually have three up!) It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

One of my favorite things... The sound of Sophie the Blind (and very sick) Pug eating is music to my ears. Too many days she doesn't want much but the last few days she's been hungry! It's fantastic!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Organizing, cleaning, washing, decorating, shopping for groceries, wrapping presents... typical things along with babysitting and hopefully some Christmas crafts and down time!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Unfortunately I'm moving things from old laptop to new laptop and don't have any photos to share yet! Picture this... a cute dog with a cute kid under a Christmas tree. :)


If you'd like to read more hop over to The Simple Woman's Daybook to read about the days of others. Why not take a minute and write your own?


1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I will put your book on my reading list. It sounds very good. I love snow. We very seldom get a good snow. I have never finished my list of to do's. I just start over the next day. A woman's work is never done you know.Have a great week, Doylene