Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010 Challenge (just a little late!)




Oh, how I love books! I love books as much as I love fabric.

And food.

Books make me smile! I spent hours as a child reading the stories of the Little House on the Prairie series. It was my tradition to read through the entire series with each move. I lived as a friend of Nancy Drew's in her adventures. I grew through stories such as The Secret Garden, and with them my memories grew as well.

I just love books. Remember the line, "Fish are friends, not food?" Well, books are friends, not simply words on a page.

Every year I've wanted to join the reading challenges over at Callapidder Days but for some reason I never can remember in time to start with everyone else. This year I decided that it didn't matter. I can read along with them even if I start late. And that I will do!

The Fall Into Reading 2010 Challenge officially began in September and will conclude on December 20th, so my list will be a bit shorter than I would normally choose. The coming season will be busy, so I hope to read as much as I can. My personal goal is to read a minimum of 30 minutes per day. It's not much, I know! However, during a season where we have three major holidays (Thanksgiving, Hanukkah with the in-laws, and Christmas with my family) I'll be doing well to get that much in!

I also tend to read things that others might not such as craft books, cookbooks, etc. I have a stack of craft books either on my shelf or on my library list that I'll work through. I love reading craft books! (I do, by the way. I read it all. Cover to cover. Instructions and all. Told you I was weird!) Since this is a hectic season I'll read through some of these. I'll give you as many reviews as I can on these in case you'd like to check them out! I've added a classic to the list. Yes, I know the story, but I've never actually read it cover to cover myself. I'm also adding a non-fiction title by G.K. Chesterton. I love the Father Brown titles by Chesterton! I've yet to read one of his non-fiction titles so I thought I'd give this a read.

Follow my progress on the Fall Into Reading 2010 page at the top of the blog!

So, to recap:

1. Read a minimum of 30 minutes per day.
2. Read my craft books.
3. Review as many books as I can.
4. Give a recap on Fridays to keep me honest!


My list:

Doodle-Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners by Aimee Ray

Sewing Green: 25 Projects Made With Repurposed & Organic Materials by Betz White

Sock and Glove: Creating Charming Softy Friends From Cast-off Socks and Gloves by Kanamori Miyako

Craft Challenge: Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Pillowcase by Suzanne J.E. Tourtillott

Shakespeare In An Hour by Christopher Baker

Irish Impressions by G.K. Chesterton

Three Ghost Stories by Charles Dickens

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens



Hopefully I'll get to make friends with each book listed. Visit Callapidder Days and join in the fun!

No comments: