Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: November 24th



This is my first Simple Woman's Daybook entry! I've read them many times over the years and always thought that it would be fun. A glimpse into my world... 


FOR TODAY, November 24, 2010

Outside my window... it's gray and looks like snow. I think we'll have to settle for a little bit of rain and hail.

I am thinking... about Thanksgiving plans and what I can cook ahead!

I am thankful for... my family, especially this week.

From the learning rooms... We're taking the entire week off for a fall break. Yippee!

From the kitchen... Today is a leftovers kind of day. We're getting our Thanksgiving meal put together.

I am wearing... jeans and one of my favorite blue cotton shirts. I love the tiny bit of beading that pops up around the neckline. Simple, but enough sparkle that you might not notice it yet it adds a bit of sparkle.

I am creating... my first original designs for my WildCrickets etsy shop! I'm still tweaking them, but hopefully I'll add some crocheted cotton bracelets to the shop this week.

I am going... to take a long hot bath tonight. :)

I am reading... Coming Back Stronger: Unleashing the Hidden Power of Adversity by Drew Brees. I love it! In a society that holds our athletes up as heroes it's nice to have a godly man in the group!

I am hoping... that the ice won't come in tonight like they think it will. We don't have to travel, but so many of our friends do!

I am hearing... my husband watch Romancing the Stone. Flashback movie of the week!

Around the house... you'll smell cinnamon. My mom found the best cinnamon broom at the store. Now the house smells like the holidays!

One of my favorite things... would have to be my snuggly blanket. It's chilly today so I'm that much happier about climbing into bed tonight.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I'm going to finish and photograph a few items for the WildCrickets shop, and then I'm going to start on holiday presents for the family. I'm really hoping to be able to sew tomorrow! We'll have our big Thanksgiving celebration with our immediate family and two ladies from church on Friday. (My mom is a nurse and is working tomorrow so we're being flexible!) I'm determined to stay in as much as I can this weekend and enjoy the calm before the rush of Christmas. Each year it seems to get busier and more hectic.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This was taken in June, 2009. We were celebrating my grandfather's birthday by going to the zoo. This week I'm missing my uncle and my grandfather. But, I have memories like this to hold dear!

If you would like to read more please hop over to The Simple Woman's Daybook and enjoy.


No comments: