Monday, November 29, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: November 29, 2010



After a few weeks of chaos (out of town, funeral, holiday) I just do not feel like cooking. Do. Not. Feel. It. But, it has to be done. Actually, it did me a world of good to spend a few hours cooking for the holiday, so I might just get some kitchen therapy in this week as well. However, with the chaos I'm just not feeling the recipe mojo flying. That means that I decided to pilfer the menu plans of others! WOO HOO! It's almost like eating out, but not. ;)

I'm adding in a few things from the last menu plan that never got made, tossing in a helping of orders from other blogs, and serving it up with a side of some easy old standards. For spice I'll add in a few recipes in celebration of Hanukkah this week! (Hubby is Jewish so we celebrate from a Messianic perspective. So much fun and so wonderful!) With a little bit of luck everything will get made...

*All meals are vegetarian or vegan, so meat references are Quorn Crumbles or the like.

Monday:
B: Cereal. Stereotypical breakfast fare. Does it help that it was organic?
L: Veggie soup (from a can - see above comment) and tofurkey sandwiches
D: Taco Night - it's easy, in my fridge, and the kid's favorite. I'll make a taco bowl since I'm still trying to figure out the new Weight Watchers plan that debuted today (less shells that way.)

Tuesday:
B: Waffles and fruit
L: Lunch out with a friend
D: Cheesy Potato and Veggie Soup, salad (This is actually dairy-free and vegan!)


Wednesday: First night of Hanukkah!
B: Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Couscous
L: Polenta with a red sauce or a "cheesy" sauce, broccoli
D: Potato Latkes, Tuna Salad (for hubby) and "Egg" Salad (for kid/me) with bagels, fruit

Thursday:
B: Tempeh Breakfast Hash
L: left over sandwiches, fruit, salad
D: CP Cincinnati Style Chili over Spaghetti, salad

Friday:
B: Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
L: Homemade pizza (veggies and the like)
D: Vegetarian Irish Stew with biscuits

Saturday: The kid is dancing at a local holiday event and has rehearsal in the morning, so we'll probably eat out, on the go, and anytime that we can grab something! I should probably make some healthy snacks to take with us...

Sunday:
B: On Your Own (we have different schedules for church mornings)
L: leftovers
D: Vegetarian Stuffed Shells, garlic bread, salad (I'm going to attempt a few substitutions to make these dairy-free. Crossing fingers...)

Wow, doesn't look very balanced. But, it works! :)

Check out more menus at OrgJunkie.com!

No comments: