Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude Challenge Day 2: Do-overs and Good Samaritans





It's Day 2 in the 2010 Gratitude Challenge!

Today has been a wild day. It didn't really go as planned.

I woke up late. My schedule had to change due to my husband's schedule. (We're a one-car family.) My kid still doesn't feel well. I was a butter finger and dropped, chipped, and spilled way too many things when I was washing dishes. (Yep - dishwasher's broken so I'm doing it old school!) My wonderful husband was hurrying home to bring me the truck and ended up taking out the corner of the mailbox as well as the tail light.

It was truly a test of my attitude and outlook. It just didn't stop coming at me.

I was driving home after voting, and it hit me. I get a do-over! Just like it was back on the playground, we can re-do the whole thing! God has given us a fantastic thing in sleep. Not only do we get to rest and recover our body but we get to wake up to a brand new day with a brand new attitude. It doesn't matter what has happened today. Tomorrow is new! (This is also a fantastic reminder that we are given a new life in Christ... but I've promised myself that I wasn't going to get too wordy in my posts - not that you can tell in this long one!)

And, it gets even better.

It seems that after voting tonight I dropped my license in the parking lot. In the dark parking lot. Away from a light. During the last 30 minutes that the polls were open. I have no idea how they found it, but a good, kind, caring citizen turned it into the volunteers! I am so thankful. Granted, I had to stop cooking dinner for the fourth time to go get it before they left for the evening (told you it was that kind of day!), but it was a trip that I did gladly! 

This morning when I woke up I couldn't think of exactly what I wanted to write about today. Instead, I was given two blessings to share. Three if you count the fact that dinner actually tasted good after all the starts and stops. :)

What blessing did you receive today? Hop on over to My Homeschool Garden and join the challenge!


"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." Romans 6:4 (NIV)


No comments: